If you’re looking for a trail running shoe that improves your performance, look no further. This minimalist shoe weighs in at only 7 ozs and fits so snugly that you hardly notice you’re wearing shoes at all.
The toe box is roomy without allowing your forefoot to wander on uneven terrain.
Grip supplied by Vibram® soles is superb for uphill and downhill and just thick enough to not be bothered by sharp edged rock and stones.
I have noticed how the shoes themselves have changed my running style for the better. I am now landing on my forefoot with each stride.
I am running significantly faster because of these shoes.
By landing on my forefoot it seems to load my arch for a more powerful push off which translates into a slightly increased stride length and an overall increase in pace.
- I ran a regular 3.75 mile trail almost 2-1/2 minutes quicker the first time out in these shoes.
- My second run in them was a 10K trail which I ran nearly 3 minutes faster than normal.
- I attribute the improvement to the shoes.
New Balance MT10v3 make you want to run fast …… and they deliver.
Something to think about:
If you change to this style of shoe from the “normal” trail running shoe that is padded and generally has around a 10-12 mm drop from heel to forefoot, you’ll need to build your distance slowly while you develop lower leg and foot muscles to cope with the new style of running these shoes will force upon you. Do not expect to put them on for the first time and go and run a half or full marathon if transitioning from “normal” shoes. Build your distance. Too much too soon may be painful.
Technical Stuff from New Balance Web Site:
- 4 mm drop: due to variances created during the development and manufacturing processes, all references to 4 mm drop are approximate.
- Barefoot friendly internal construction.
- No-sew TPU wrap.
- Synthetic/mesh upper.
- Vibram® outsole provides maximum surface contact and multi-directional traction. Vibram® is a registered trademark of Vibram S.p.A. All rights reserved.
- NB Minimus is a whole new approach to footwear, a place on the spectrum from barefoot running to the traditional maximum-cushioning running shoe. Inspired by Good Form Running and designed to be worn with or without socks. With only a 4 mm drop* from heel to toe, the NB Minimus collection holds a world of discovery for neutral runners; additionally, Good Form Running teaches methods of improvement for those seeking to conquer gait issues.
Before buying New Balance MT10v3 I needed to use “stability” running shoes because of some over-pronation issues that have actually improved over the years. I tried neutral “normal” trail shoes and didn’t like the feel as I still needed some lateral stability, but trying out New Balance MT10v3 felt great and I am continuing to enjoy them. I am very pleased to have taken the plunge and purchased them.